Thursday, June 01, 2006

Flickr Photoset of USSR Posters

When I was in London last summer, the Tate Modern had an exhibit displaying propaganda posters from the early days of the Soviet Union alongside their Frida Kahlo exhibit. I had always been drawn to the distinct style of the early propaganda campaign of the Soviet revolution and that was the first time I saw originals from that time period. This Flickr photoset displays not only government propaganda but also advertisements from Lenin's time all the way up to the days of Gorbachev. I'm sure for someone who had lived in the USSR during that time would think these posters mundane or ordinary, but being the history buff that I am, am so fascinated by the history that it reflects and the artwork that makes it unique. View bpx's (Ben Perry from Berlin) photoset here: USSR Posters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home